- 1 lamb shoulder
- 3 scallions
- 1 stalk green garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp dried ground
- lovage (common hogweed)
- 1 tsp dried spearmint
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1. Cut the lamb in small skewer-size pieces.
2.Place the lamb in a deep bowl and add the chopped scallions and garlic and all other spices.
3. Mix well and pour the wine in the bowl.
4. Leave the meat for 10-12 hours.
5. After that, skewer the meat and roast on a grill or grill-pan.
6. Turn the skewers regularly and smear with oil.
Serve warm with stalks of scallions and green garlic placed in a glass of water.
Stuffed Lamb Leg
- 1 coffee cup rice
- 1 pack mushrooms
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 bunch parsley
1. Lightly fry the diced mushrooms, rice, onions, and parsley.
2. Add 1 cup warm water and simmer in the frying pan until the rice swells up.
3. Rinse the lamb leg and season with salt and pepper.
4. Make a pocket in the meat and stuff it with the stuffing.
5. Do not press the pocket in order to leave room for the rice to swell.
6. Take the ends together and stitch using a needle and strong thread.
7. Place in a tray and pour in one cup water.
8. Add a chopped bunch of fresh spearmint and pour oil on top.
Да ви е сладко! 🙂
Find more delicious recipes for Bulgarian soups at the the Bulgarian Cookbook (English Edition).