Stuffed Peppers is very favorite traditional meal that can include meat or not. It depends from your own preferences. Bulgarians eat it mainly with minced pork meat.
It is easy recipe and delicious.
- 6 green or red peppers
- 1/2 lb minced meat (beef or pork)
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tomato, peeled and minced
- 1 carrot, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp parsley, minced
- Pinch of oregano, cumin, savory, and black pepper
1. Fry the minced onion in oil until golden. Add the garlic, carrot, red pepper, oregano, cumin, savory, black pepper and the meat. In a separate pan, cook the rice in some oil for about 5 minutes, then add a cup of water and let it simmer until the rice absorbs it all.
2. Combine everything, add the tomato and stir well. Take off the heat and use the mixture to stuff the peppers.
3. Put the stuffed peppers in a casserole dish, fill with water just below the top of the peppers and cook 30 minutes in 375°F oven.